Who doesn’t like a good Broccoli Cheese Soup? Well, my wife for one, but that isn’t the point.
It’s no-frills, easy, and you can add Jalapeños and bacon to it to send it over the top.
If you want another amazing recipe, try this Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 8 cups Broccoli chopped enough to go into the soup
- 3 cups Sharp Cheddar
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 stalks Celery chopped
- 8 tablespoons Salted Butter Go for salted...it just tastes better
- 1 Yellow Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flour to thicken
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large Carrot finely chopped
- Place the butter along with the chopped onion and celery into a pot and sweat these bad boys off. Once translucent, add the flour making sure to keep stirring. If you think you can stop stirring, you are wrong. Keep stirring.
- Add the broth and continue to stir. Add in the pepper and salt. After about 2 minutes, you are going to add the rest of the ingredients and let them cook down for about 7-10 minutes. Add in the milk and cheese. Make sure to keep the temperature on a solid 4/10 on the heat scale or you will scorch it and no one likes scorched soups.
- Garnish with some Jalapeños and some more cheddar and you got yourself an amazing soup.
Share this Recipe