Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Dog
If you are like me, the thought of anything with Jalapeños or Habaneros in it just makes your mouth water. That is why I had to try out the Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Dog. Made with thick cut premium bacon, Nathans hot dogs, and premium cheddar cheese, this is sure to be a unique eat you will come back to over and over. Now, what is so special about this Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Dog? Well, let’s take a look.
For this recipe, I am going to be starting off with the best hot dogs on the market, Nathans. If you disagree, you are just plain wrong and I feel sorry for you. Nathans is an American staple and worth our praise.
A word for the wise here, you always want to use the best quality ingredients for everything that you do. That goes for everything in life. Life is too short to save a dollar on crappy ingredients.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 pack Nathans Hot Dogs Bun Length are best
- 1 brick Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pack Hot Dog Buns
- 1 package bacon Thick Cut
- Yellow Mustard
- Slice your hot dogs down the middle all the way through. Next, slice your cheese into small strips that can be placed on top of half of the hot dog. Next, add the cheese to the middle of the hot dog. Add as much cheese as you would like.
- Take raw strips of bacon and wrap the hot dog all the way. Make sure it is tightly wrapped.
- Grill on a griddle to cook all the way through.
- Slice the tops and bottoms off of your jalapeños and then slice down the middle, not cutting all the way through. Remove the white membrane and seeds.
- Take the hollow jalapeno tubes and wrap the bacon chedar dog in it. Place these on a griddle as well and make sure to cook the jalapenño so it becomes softer.
- Place in your bun and smother with mustard or cheese sauce.