When you go to Texas Roadhouse, what do you think of?
Besides the Hot Rolls and Cinnamon Butter…
And their steaks…
Thats right! Their Rattlesnake Bites.
Bursting with cheese and jalapenos, it is the perfect compliment to any great comfort meal. We are giving you the keys to the city here and giving you a copycat recipe for one of the best appetizers known to man.
|Prep Time||40 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
|Passive Time||45 minutes|
- 2 8 oz blocks Pepper Jack Cheese shredded
- 3 jalapenos diced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Oil for frying
- Take the shredded cheese and jalapenos that you diced and combine them in a bowl.
- Take a small handful and shape into balls about 1.5" and compress them nicely.
- After shaping the balls, place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the deep fryer to 350 degrees
- Take a bowl and add the flour. In another bowl, mix the egg and milk. What you are doing here is making a breading station.
- In the last bowl mix the bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Roll the balls in the flour mixture, then dipping into the milk and then coat with bread crumbs. Throw them into the fryer.
- 3-4 minutes is all you need or until golden brown.
Share this Recipe